Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ecuador


I heard several stories of Ecuador from one of my cousins, he spent one year in the country while doing a few semesters abroad.  He absolutely loved it. Hearing his stories made me want to visit Ecuador immediately! I did lots of research and found that Ecuador not only has beautiful sight seeing opportunities but there is an endless list of activities.
http://www.ecuador.travel/ gave great insight to this beautiful country. It lists the top 20 things to do and some of them are:
  • Rafting and Kayaking
  • Mountain Climbing
  • Trekking
  • Mountain Biking
  • Visiting Indigenous Markets
  • Bird Watching
  • Whale Watching
  • Thriving Nightlife

I’m closing off with a fun fact about why the country is called Ecuador. It comes from its location and their native language Spanish. Ecuador is located on the equator and the Spanish word for equator is Ecuador. I hope you enjoy the pictures that I have selected to share with you of this paradise!!



 


1 comment:

  1. Can you please list the locations of the pics above? Esp the second one...planning a trip this summer!

    ReplyDelete