Friday, April 15, 2011

The Rift Valley, Africa

This blog post was inspired from a long time friend of mine. She suggested that I blog about The Rift Valley of Africa, she mentioned that she saw a documentary and raved about it’s beauty. Needless to say I was intrigued and couldn't wait to conduct my own research.

Through research I found that this paradise has very interesting history behind its makeup. About 20 million years ago the crust of the earth weakened and was torn apart across the African continent and many years later beautifully transformed into The Rift Valley. I’ve concluded that this location would be ideal for a family who’s interested in learning about historical tales. Click HERE for more detailed information about creation of the rift system formation.
Things to do while in the area:
  • Bird watching
  • Visit Masai Mara (Zebras & Wildebeests cross this path to migrate to parks by the millions!)
  • Great Rift Valley Viewpoint (witness some of the world’s largest & deepest freshwater lakes at this point) 
  • Jumping with Masai's (locals who enjoy jumping competitions with foreigners, it has been said that they are extremely friendly individuals and rarely lose a jumping battle!)
I hope you enjoyed my post and I gave you inspiration to further research or one day visit this hidden treasure  J







No comments:

Post a Comment