Friday, April 15, 2011

Kusadasi, Turkey

My International Business Professor was from Turkey I loved her accent and it made me curious about her country. Upon doing research I found the hidden treasure of Turkey, Kusadasi!  Kusadasi is strategically place on the west coast of Turkey, specifically 90 KM south of Izmir. It has been said that Kusadasi is the most attractive city in Aegean. Though I haven’t been there personally the pictures I found led me to believe that this is indeed factual.

Kusadasi has the perfect tourism season as it offers the typical Mediterranean climate with warm summers and mild winters. Kusadasi is quite the popular tourist attraction with many cruise ships visiting its port daily. Prior to the 1980s Kusadasi was just a mere farming town with little to no tourism. A comparison of tourism statistics of the past and today would be quite interesting to examine.

Kusadasi offers several breath taking beaches and has an endless list of attractions and events to enjoy.  For a list of things to do while in paradise click HERE. One interesting event that captured my attention was the camel wresting festival, could you imagine that? Be sure to check it out!

As always I’m closing off with lovely pictures do enjoy them and be sure to come back J






1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Kusadasi is quite the popular tourist attraction with many cruise ships visiting its port daily. Turkey's most popular holiday resorts, offers an excellent environment for an unforgettable holiday. Thanks a lot...

    Blue Cruise In Turkey

    ReplyDelete