Saturday, February 12, 2011

Africa

Africa has always been a place of interest for me and my family, especially my father’s side of the family.  My great great grandmother came from Africa (specifically the Congo region) as a slave. I would love to visit one day to trace my family’s history while visiting in Africa. I can only imagine that the experience of exploring the areas of which my ancestors once resided would be so surreal. I am hoping to one day visit Africa with my entire family for a family reunion as we “relive” our history.

Despite being a developing country Africa is rich in beauty. In my opinion the media portrays the country to be poor and not worthy of the world’s attention. I couldn’t disagree anymore, quite frankly it upsets me.  I hope one day the media will change its tainted view of Africa and see it for what it really is.

In my research of Africa I found beautiful pictures that I wish to share with the world. I really enjoyed these pictures and hope you do too!







2 comments:

  1. I would love to visit there on Day also..and I very much agree with you that the media only shows one side of Africa to much...When more should be on it's riches..like it's history and beauty and people. Thanks for Blogging it so Beautiful..Congrats on a Job well done.

    ReplyDelete