Saturday, February 5, 2011

HUP HUP Holland!


Holland is located in Western Europe and borders the North Sea. I’ve included a map of where Holland is located exactly for a better understanding. The language spoken there is Dutch however, it is not uncommon to come across individuals who speak English especially in the city of Amsterdam, as the city is a popular tourist destination. 

It always been on my “places to visit” list. My favorite family members currently live in Holland and have been there for quite some time. They usually visit me here in Florida and always remind me that my vacation to visit them is long overdue. I have plans in the making to visit them at the end of this semester as a graduation gift to myself. I am so grateful that I have their knowledge of Holland and therefore I won’t have to do extensive research for my vacation. Nevertheless, I still did some research on places of interest to visit while in Holland such as:
  • The Anne Frank house
  • Canal boat tours
  • Flower Market
  • Erotic Museum (Not recommended for kids!!!)
  • Heineken Brewery


These are just a few of the many interesting things to do that are offered in Holland. An interesting fact is that the main forms of transportation are trains & trams, a totally different experience than here in America.  I’ve been told that you MUST be on time when relying on the train or tram as your form of transportation, as they have record timing and strictly stick to the schedule.
I am extremely excited to finally be getting the chance to plan my vacation with the added help of my lovely cousins. As usually I’m closing off with pictures and I hope you all enjoy! J




2 comments:

  1. Hope you get your graduation present! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe you :) I really hope that I get to go!

    ReplyDelete